What do you turn to over and over in your wardrobe? What are your absolute go-to, all-time favorite items in your wardrobe?
We asked this question on our Facebook Page and found the responses were intriguing! We’ve grouped the answers we received by the 4 Super Styles. These four Super Styles are defined by what is known as the function pairs, the two middle letters of a person’s psychological type:
- Sensing and Feeling (SF) – this is the Style Aesthetician
- Sensing and Thinking (ST) – this is the Style Pragmatist
- iNtuition and Thinking (NT) – this is the Style Strategist
- iNtuition and Feeling (NF) – this is the Style Dreamer
In this series of posts where we explore the Super Styles, you can read the responses of real women talking about their real style, adding a fresh layer to our understanding of the way each of the Super Styles goes about style.
What do you absolutely love and would never get rid of in your wardrobe?
The Style Strategist – iNtuition and Thinking (NT)
- Past experience says all my favorite things will wear out and looking an exact duplicate is impossible (INTJ)
- Statement jewellery (ENTJ)
- My black patent pumps (INTJ)
- Knitwear I made when I was young (INTP)
- A multitude of colourful, fabulous scarves (INTJ)
Read more about the NT Style Strategist Super Style here.
The Style Aesthetician – Sensing and Feeling (SF)
- Pretty, fun dresses (ESFP)
- A pair of brown bead earrings – permanently borrowed from a friend in 1995 (ISFJ)
- Animal print and black boots (ISFP)
- My very favourite handbags, scarves, shoes, boots, cardigans, jackets… oh pleeeease don’t make me choose! (ISFP)
- Anything leopard print gets an automatic YES (although I will let it go … often with a struggle!), as are items (clothing, shoes, handbags, accessories – the whole ‘store’) in my signature colours which have been carefully chosen and curated with a lot of love and energy (ESFJ)
Read more about the SF Style Aesthetician Super Style here.
The Style Dreamer – iNtuition and Feeling (NF)
- My boots, all of them (ENFJ)
- Accessory: Besides the wedding ring, the Finnish necklace my brother picked out for me when he was only 16–he has good taste! Clothing item: The dress made out of fabric my Aunt Margie wove for me. She turned 96 two days ago! (INFJ)
- ALL my well-cut jackets – they are turning into a museum. (INFP)
- Antiqued silver biker jacket (ENFP)
- My Birkenstocks and Danskos. They are comfortable for my feet that have nerve damage, and I like the funky colors and patterns (INFP)
- There is nothing that I envisage never being without because there’s always something different to investigate (INFP)
- My fringed jacket. It comes out to play only once in awhile (over 30 years old) but I still love it. It was $10 from a Philadelphia street vendor! (ENFP)
Read more about the NF Style Dreamer Super Style here.
The Style Pragmatist – Sensing and Thinking (ST)
- Scarves, wool, quilted vests and tall boots (ESTJ)
- My ¾ sleeved top with various shades of blue paisley and swirly shapes although it’s starting to get faded, so it will need to be replaced at some point (ISTJ)
- Items my best friend, who is my style coach, tells me I should keep (ISTP)
- ‘Love’ is something I don’t really relate to with clothing but I’m getting better at it with practice (ISTJ)
Read more about the ST Style Pragmatist Super Style here.
Get the Full Details on Your Style Type in Your Style Type Report
Your Super Style gives you the broad strokes – your Style Type Report gives you the details you need to really make a shift in your style, including how you think and feel about your style, and what your style motivators are.
If you are already know your four-letter type, click here to get your Style Type report. If you are not 100% sure of your four-letter type, believe you may have been mistyped in the past, or simply wish to take a fresh look at what makes you, you – discover your Style Type here.