Whether you love to shop, loathe it, or simply find it a necessity of life and keeping your style working for you, all of us have to shop at some point or another.
What was your last purchase?
So it’s intriguing to reflect on what you have purchased recently and what your reasons for that purchase were. We did exactly that – we posted a question on our Facebook Page about what your most recent purchase was, and found the answers were most fascinating when grouped into the four Super Styles. There’s only four groups, instead of the 16 Style Types so you stand back and take a big picture look at how you’re approaching your style through the lens of these four fabulous Styles: the SF Style Aesthetician, the ST Style Pragmatist, the NT Style Strategist, and the NF Style Dreamer.
Understanding your Super Style will give you a broad overview of what makes up the essence of your unique Style Type and your Style Type Report will give you the details and specific information you need to chart then travel your own authentic style pathway.
In this series of posts where we explore the Super Styles, we’ll chunk into four groups (the Super Styles) responses to our Facebook post questions about style, adding a fresh and interesting illustration of the way each of the Super Styles goes about style.
What was the last thing you bought and why?
The Style Strategist – iNtuition and Thinking (NT)
- Lunch, I was hungry LOL. A jacket in my colours than was on my wish list as I wanted a longer warmer jacket (INTJ)
- A blue satin v-neck top with 3/4 sleeves. it is partly rule following, love the colour and fabric, but it may be a bit too flowy (INTJ)
- A scarf because it was reduced and my sister told me to buy it! (INTP)
- Crossbody bag in a wine tone. I always buy a new bag each fall and spring to usher in the new season. I get a crossbody bag that I can use for everyday that will fit in my many larger totes and bags (INTJ)
- Seamless undies in navy and nude colours . I am trying an RTW fast ( no retail-bought clothes this year). But I recently bought silk/ cotton voile fabric with abstract watercolour print I used as lining in the first blazer I made myself (ENTJ)
- Clothing for my mother who is 89 in a couple weeks. I really can’t remember buying any clothing in my colors for myself since last year; that was two pair of leggings and a jacket and a scarf, all in the same color of green from Old Navy…(on sale). My sister and I did some dyeing experimentations last week (INTP)
Read more about the NT Style Strategist Super Style here.
The Style Aesthetician – Sensing and Feeling (SF)
- Blue ballet flats to match my work pants as the previous shoes had worn out (ISFJ)
- Some fabulous chiffon silk fabric in my favorite print to make into a gorgeous kimono (ESFJ)
- A Kate Spade minty green, light-weight, cropped cardigan with beaded detail around the neckline and rhinestone buttons. Mint is one of my FAVORITE colors (eye enhancer?), I love the extra sparkle, and it was from a consignment shop so the price was acceptable! :) (ESFP)
- A gift for my friend’s birthday (later this year) – she has a particular motif and I found something with that motif that is just divine that she’ll love and will be a great addition to her collection – and a fabulous statement ring in perfect condition (and that fits me) from an op shop (ESFJ)
Read more about the SF Style Aesthetician Super Style here.
The Style Dreamer – iNtuition and Feeling (NF)
- A pashmina, which I bought to test whether it felt right op shopping for something beautiful that I wouldn’t buy new as a vegan (INFP)
- Black open toed Toms booties and a black laced top to wear with cropped jeans, saw them in a magazine and liked the look, pictured myself in the outfit mingling at a roof deck party (ENFJ)
- A navy lace dress and low heeled navy pumps for my son’s wedding (INFJ)
- A white broderie anglaise summer top that makes me feel comfortable, because it hides my flat chest without having to wear ‘foobs’. And I love the crisp, clear feel of wearing white in summer (INFJ)
- Two creamy-soft long sleeve shirts for running, nice enough to toss on under a sweater (INFJ)
- Shoes. Always shoes – quirky shoes (INFP)
- Snake print sneakers (ENFP)
- Handmade bead angel earrings to wear for my mother’s internment (INFP)
- Vegan clothing and footwear (INFJ)
- Black polka dot top to revamp from op shop. It already has an interesting neckline and sleeves. Economic and creative values (INFP)
- A soft-touch knit tunic length top, scoop neck with pintucks at the front, 3/4 sleeves, soft blue grey with all-over white meadow flowers print. Bought because I seldom see something I like in the shops, and it was 25% off an already low price. It has a lovely feel, and a bit more feminine than my usual t-shirts (which seem to have taken over my wardrobe since retiring 😏 – something to do with lifestyle choices) (INFP)
- ‘Fluffy’, my gorgeous fur poncho in ombre light to dark blue. It is soft, strokable and I feel like princess in it (INFP)
- A black cargo pant, a cobalt-blue tanktop, a silvery-grey slip-on blouse – all of it to go with everything else in my wardrobe and several pairs of knickers in 3 different (INFJ)
Read more about the NF Style Dreamer Super Style here.
The Style Pragmatist – Sensing and Thinking (ST)
- Dusty pink small bag with a strap that is stylish and practical, it easily switches from cross body to over shoulder or arm. I needed one for a wedding (ESTP)
- 3 pairs of navy socks to go with the navy suits I wear at work. Simply because I didn’t have any, and I feel weird wearing teal or burgundy socks with a strict navy suit. Navy is not in my palette, but it’s better than black or grey which are my other options (ESTJ)
- 2 pairs (black and grey) smart casual straight-legged pants in a size larger to replace the ones that I ‘outgrew’ (ISTJ)
Read more about the ST Style Pragmatist Super Style here.
You may enjoy this piece on Shopping For Your Personality Using the Z Model an interesting piece to add to your understanding of your own shopping, and how your personality impacts the how, why, where, what, and who of your shopping!
Get the Full Details on Your Style Type in Your Style Type Report
Your Super Style gives you the broad strokes – your Style Type Report gives you the details you need to really make a shift in your style, including how you think and feel about your style, and what your style motivators are.
If you are already know your four-letter type, click here to get your Style Type report. If you are not 100% sure of your four-letter type, believe you may have been mistyped in the past, or simply wish to take a fresh look at what makes you, you – discover your Style Type here.