None of us have come to style through a vacuum. All of us have been influenced in our style journeys – whether it’s been heavily influenced by a stylish mother with a strong opinion, or via our friends or peers at work, or through the media – TV shows and movies, magazines and online sources.
So it’s interesting to take a moment and reflect on who has influenced your style, and how. This is part of the authentic style journey we aim to reconnect women with – you aren’t dressing a mannequin after all!
Who has influenced your style?
As you read this piece, one in our series of posts exploring the Super Styles based on responses to style questions on our Facebook Page, you may find yourself reflecting on who has influenced YOU and your style journey over the years.
These posts are based on the responses of real women experiencing their real style. Understanding your Super Style will give you a broad overview of what makes up the essence of your unique Style Type.
Each of these Super Styles share the two middle letters: the core of type, and they are a great place to begin learning about Psychological Type.
- Style Aesthetician SF – Sensing and Feeling
- Style Pragmatist – ST – Sensing and Thinking
- Style Strategist NT – iNtuition and Thinking
- Style Dreamer NF – iNtuition and Feeling
Who’s influenced you the most when it comes to your style?
The Style Strategist – iNtuition and Thinking (NT)
- Not any specific person (ENTJ)
- The feeling of the fabric and if it drapes over me in a way that makes me comfortable. I may see someone random that gives me an idea, but overall people don’t influence how I dress. I do it for myself (INTP)
- I haven’t paid attention long enough to figure that out yet (INTP)
Read more about the NT Style Strategist Super Style here.
The Style Aesthetician – Sensing and Feeling (SF)
- Probably discovering Glamour magazine when I was 15 (ISFJ)
- My brother, sister and mum (ISFJ)
- My mother and aunt. Always put together, effortless even on chore days (ESFJ)
- Older women – grandmother, mother, aunts, older friends, friends of my mothers (ESFJ)
Read more about the SF Style Aesthetician Super Style here.
The Style Dreamer – iNtuition and Feeling (NF)
- Jill Chivers… and she continues to do so….I always remember our shopping trip and her “trip” through my closet!!!! (ENFJ)
- Not one person, but Pinterest, books, blogs and soul searching (INFJ)
- Can’t think of any person 🤔 Finding my best colours was a big deal. Being retired now and a boater, lifestyle is a big influence (INFP)
Read more about the NF Style Dreamer Super Style here.
The Style Pragmatist – Sensing and Thinking (ST)
- Imogen Lamport! (ISTJ)
- My mother.. Quality of material and perfectly coordinated, my grandmother…Looking for quality in construction and fit. Style icons for me in movies from the 40’s, 50’s and early 60’s (ISTJ)
Read more about the ST Style Pragmatist Super Style here.
10 Questions For Finding Your Style
11 Simple Truths About Personal Style
Get the Full Details on Your Style Type in Your Style Type Report
Your Super Style gives you the broad strokes – your Style Type Report gives you the details you need to really make a shift in your style, including how you think and feel about your style, and what your style motivators are.
If you are already know your four-letter type, click here to get your Style Type report. If you are not 100% sure of your four-letter type, believe you may have been mistyped in the past, or simply wish to take a fresh look at what makes you, you – discover your Style Type here.